The effectiveness of BODYGUARD® is proven by the independent French laboratory TEC.
It has been professionally tested against Culex pipiens, Anopheles gambiae and Aedes albopictus mosquitoes for a duration of 8 hours, according to the reference method of the World Health Organisation.
These test demonstrated the effectiveness of BODYGUARD® in climatic conditions of up to 34°c and 95% humidity, covering temperate and tropical climates.
In the case of BODYGUARD®, we did not observe any drop in effectiveness before the end of the 8 hours, so we have complete protection for all types of mosquitoes, including the tiger mosquito.
What are Efficiency Tests?
The products are tested according to the cage comparison protocol:
- A cage is filled with thousands of female mosquitoes (only females bite) that have not bitten for 12 hours
- Each volunteer will have his 2 arms immersed in the cage one after the other. One arm is covered with a quantity of product equivalent to 3 sprays, the other arm is left free of any product
- The first test is carried out 1 minute after application of the product
- If the virgin arm has received 10 bites in less than 30 seconds, the test continues (the mosquitoes are hungry)
- We then place the treated arm for 5 minutes and record the number of bites (in our case: 0)
The test is repeated every 30 minutes without re-application of product.
The objective is to measure the duration before:
- decrease in efficiency (1st injection)
- duration of end of effectiveness (2 consecutive injections)