The effectiveness of BODYGUARD® is proven by the independent French laboratory TEC.
It has been professionally tested for 8 hours protection against the following Mosquito species, according to the approved method by the World Health Organisation:
- Aedes albopictus (Tiger Mosquito)
- Culex pipiens
- Anopheles gambiae.
These tests demonstrated the effectiveness of BODYGUARD® in climatic conditions of up to 34°c and 95% humidity, covering temperate and tropical climates.
In the case of BODYGUARD®, we observed an effectiveness for both temperate AND tropical conditions for over 7 hours for ALL 3 types of mosquitos.
Complete protection time in hours:
8.2 hours temperature conditions
8.1 hours tropical conditions
7.9 hours temperate conditions
7.7 hours tropical conditions
7.8 hours temperate conditions
7.4 hours tropical conditions.
What are Efficiency Tests?
The products are tested according to the cage comparison protocol:
- A cage is filled with thousands of female mosquitoes (only females bite) that have not bitten for 12 hours
- Each volunteer will have their 2 arms immersed in the cage one after the other. One arm is covered with a quantity of product equivalent to 3 sprays, the other arm is left free of any product
- The first test is carried out 1 minute after application of the product
- If the virgin arm has received 10 bites in less than 30 seconds, the test continues (the mosquitoes are hungry)
- We then place the treated arm for 5 minutes and record the number of bites (in our case: 0).....
The test is repeated every 30 minutes without re-application of product.
The objective is to measure the duration before:
- A decrease in efficiency (1st injection)
- End of effectiveness (2 consecutive injections).